The Pyranha Kayak's Scorch is the boundary-smashing culmination of decades of evolution, combining and refining features from industry-leading designs like the Burn (uncompromisingly sharp rails), 9R (volume distribution and bow rocker), and Ripper (fast and nimble planing hull); the hybrid rocker profile adds to this with the progressive bow rocker being efficient on the move, planing over even the burliest of features, whilst the stern kick-rocker gets the back edge of the boat out of your way on the lip of drops and ensures you skip out over whatever lies in wait below; a fine balance of length and edge carries speed and maintains precise lines, even in boily, unpredictable water; and the generous but carefully tailored volume keeps you on top of the water and gives you the capacity to carry all your essentials without blocking your paddle strokes.
This is the boat for dry-hair days on local creeks, dialling in moves and lines, and packing those lessons up and carrying them through to the wildest missions and expeditions you can dream of.
Small | Length: 8’ 8″ • Width: 24.5″ • Cockpit Size: 35" x 20" • Volume: 55 gal • Capacity: 88-165 lbs • Total Weight: 44 lbs
Medium | Length: 8’ 11″ • Width: 25.5″ • Cockpit Size: 35" x 20" • Volume: 62 gal • Capacity: 145-210 lbs • Total Weight: 46 lbs
Large | Length: 9' 1" • Width: 26″ • Cockpit Size: 35" x 20" • Volume: 71 gal • Capacity: 175-275 lbs • Total Weight: 48 lbs
- Ratchet Backband
- Interior Foam Kit
- Increased bow rocker for a drier ride and drier surfs.
- A touch more hull width for more skipping out of features.
- Softer sidewalls and a slicier tail for more tailee potential.
- Stern edges direct water to create lift and keep the tail dry when you’re headed downstream.
- Better tailored sizing for smaller and larger paddlers.
- An ovalised cockpit rim to help produce a drier spraydeck fit, keeping even tension the whole way round.
- Fresh, Scorch-inspired styling.