The Waka Kayaks OG has been designed purely on trying to make a kayak that gives you bigger balls whilst keeping you dry and high and looking fly.
In order to do this Waka went back to what many people refer to as the best kayak ever made! The Tuna 1. They added more rocker, some sexy lines whilst trying to take some of the good points from the Tuna 2.
Waka Kayaks never wanted this boat to be super fast, they just wanted the paddlers to rock up scout a hole and say ” Even if I miss my boof the OG will get me through”. Whilst thinking in the back of your mind that your mates paddling other branded boats will surely get a beating before I do! (True Fact)
There are ave some aggressive rails on the bottom. Yet they work perfectly, you can steer the kayak with the rail and still turn on a dime with a sweep. Not to mention flat spins whilst surfing on a wave.
On the top deck Waka have tried to make the boat as sexy as possible. Looking to the Batmobile for inspiration.
All in all more than anything we are just stoked to have a kayak that makes you feel like you are the man or woman.
One Size | Length: 8’ 8″ • Width: 27″ • Volume: 95 gal • Capacity: 143 -243 lbs • Total Weight: 50 lbs
- Seat | The seat is Roto-moulded. It has three screw holes under the hip pads on seat tab to adjust the seat position. Just loosen two screws and the seat will slide forward and backwards. The seat is very comfortable, especially over longer periods of time.
- Hip Pads | Shaped pads are provided that velcro onto the seat. Also they have two straps that go around the seat to provent loosing them in a swim. Two extra pads for each side are provided for easy adjustment. You can put one or two pads between the shaped pad and the seat as required.
- Back-band | The back-band is extremely comfortable. It has two ratchets and ladders, making it easy to adjust and tighten. It can be adjusted even more by altering the length of webbing on the back of the back-band. The back-band has been mounted to allow for easy access to any safety equipment or overnight gear stored behind the seat.
- Thigh braces | The thigh braces are extremely comfortable. They are simple, light weight and most importantly, very effective, giving you perfect control. The thigh braces in the Steeze have purposely been left longer for extra knee grip for the full on boaters. If you find this is to much or want easier exiting from your boat you can easily trim the braces down 5mm-10mm preferably with a rasp.
- Foot-block | The foot-block is fully adjustable thanks to four thumb-nuts on the inside of the hull. The width of the foot-block is also adjustable, depending on the position of the foot block.